A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire: major improvements
We are currently carrying out finishing works for which we need to close lanes or carriageways on the A1, A14 and some local roads at times, usually overnight between 9pm and 6am, unless otherwise stated. A clearly signed diversion route will always be in place for closures.
For this week, the planned closures are:
Monday 5 to Tuesday 6 (two nights)
• • A10 northbound between Milton junction 33 gyratory and Butt Lane
Vehicles will be diverted onto the A14 westbound to Histon junction 32, north on B1049 Bridge Road then onto Impington Lane, Burgoynes Road, Milton Road and Butt Lane to access Milton or the A10
Tuesday 6 to Thursday 8 (three nights)
• • A14 eastbound Histon junction 32 exit slip
Vehicles will be diverted to continue on the A14 to Milton junction 33 and return on the westbound carriageway for access to Cambridge
Wednesday 7 to Thursday 8 (two nights)
• • B1049 north and south bound between Histon junction 32 gyratory and Cambridge Road, Histon
Vehicles travelling north on Histon Road will be diverted onto the A14 westbound and continue to A428 westbound to exit at Dry Drayton. Travel through Dry Drayton via Scotland Road, Park Street and Oakington Road to then travel through Oakington via Cambridge Road, New Road and into Histon on Park Street.
Vehicles travelling from Histon to Cambridge will follow the above in reverse, exiting the A14 at Milton junction 33 for Cambridge. A14 westbound traffic will be diverted via Park Street and New Road to Oakington and onto the A1307 to then travel westbound via the Girton entry slip
• • A14 eastbound Histon junction 32 entry slip
Vehicles leaving Cambridge on Histon Road will be diverted westbound to A14 Bar Hill junction 25 and return on the eastbound carriageway
Friday 9 to Saturday 10 (two nights)
• • A14 eastbound between Madingley and Girton
• • All traffic will be diverted onto the A1303. Motorway traffic will then be diverted south on the M11, east on A505 and north on A11 to re-join the A14. Non-motorway traffic will continue on the A1303 and be diverted on local roads through Cambridge.
Saturday 10 8am to 5pm
• • B1514 Brampton Road between Scholars Avenue and Edison Bell Way
Vehicles on the Huntingdon town centre side will be diverted onto the ring road, St Peters Road to A141 west to Brampton / Brampton Racecourse junction and into Brampton via B1514.
Vehicles on the Brampton side of the closure will follow this diversion in reverse.
For more information about this scheme, visit https://highwaysengland.co.uk/a14-cambridge-to-huntingdon-improvement-scheme-home/