The Pong

The sewage works “pong” was back with a vengeance last weekend and we need some concerted action to remind Anglian Water that they have a problem. The parish council web site has a page explaining how to complain and Mark on the milton-chat mailing list also suggested phoning the Environment Agency Incident Hotline.

So if you do smell it then please make the effort to complain (and remember: you’re complaining about the Cambridge Sewage Treatment Works not the Milton Sewage Works – the former is its name and that’s the only name Anglian Water know it by).

A post by Cllr Hazel Smith on Wednesday suggests that the causes of the current pong are being addressed but it’s always worth keeping the pressure up, both now and in the future.