If any of you have a full green bin at the moment (ours in Milton *were* next due to be emptied Fri 27 March) here is the advice from the Shared Waste Service today:
- Garden waste can be decanted out of the bin into a home composting area in the garden. Composting advice and bins can be ordered here: https://www.scambs.gov.uk/bins/garden-waste-and-food-waste/home-composting/
- Mixed food and garden waste can be decanted into the black bin.
- Think carefully before taking waste to the County Household Waste Recycling Centres.
- *Do not go to the tip* if you are in a self-isolating households or displaying symptoms.
- If you are not self-isolating *check the County Council website* to see if the Household recycling Centre is open before you travel.
- Depending on what is in the bin, residents may choose to leave it as it is until SCDC are able to empty it. We would advise to keep it somewhere shady.